Sunday 10 October 2010

10k on 10/10/10.

I haven't run a 10k in almost 10 years.  So, it seemed fitting that the first one I run would be to help raise awareness and support for prostate cancer.  Luckily the rain let up just enough to give us time to do our thing without getting drenched.  My goal was to finish in less than an hour.  My time?  58:10!  Here are some pics documenting the day.  
 This race was in honor of 2 of my favorite patients that I still keep in touch with.  These men & their wives are SO special!   
 And on my back...
 Claire & I pre-race (at this point she thought she was going to run the 5k but, decided to do the 10k at the last minute!!!  Who does this!?  What a gal!)  
 Lai was really getting into the group pre-stretch
 As you can see I had quite the cheerleaders!  

 L was hilarious yelling, "go people go!"  All day today she's been asking me if I "ran with the people" & giggles when I tell her that I did.
done & done.
duty calls...
 Ladies & gentlemen: Dr. Tia Higano & Claire Works, ARNP - they did FABULOUS!  
Team SCCA (plus L, Ax & a dog)
  Aren't these cookies darling?  (I took 2.)  :)
In the end L was wetter & dirtier than I've ever seen her, Ax crashed in the stroller & I wanted to join him.  What a fun morning.  A BIG shout-out to my man for all his support & encouragement.  Love you babe!  

No comments:

Post a Comment