Sunday 30 September 2012

The sling.

Surgery has come & gone.  I'm now at the halfway point of sling-wearing.  2 wks down, 2 to go.  I've learned to live life with only the use of my left arm & I must say... it's not as bad as I thought.

I can now: dress myself (including a bra!!!), put contacts in, shave my L armpit, vacuum, and clip the littles' nails.  I still struggle with: opening jars, cutting anything with scissors or on a cutting board, taking my shirt off, putting my sling on by myself, buckling the kids, and putting earrings in.

I head back to work this week & will attempt my first drive.  (Which is legal & okay with my doc as long as I don't have a sling on at the time).  I'm thankful for the handicapped parking pass that will allow me to park right in front of my office.  And, I plan to arrive early so that I don't have to parallel park.  :)


Before 
After

No comments:

Post a Comment