Saturday 12 January 2013

My sparkly oven vent filters.

My house faces west.  The sun comes up & shines in showing every smudge on the windows & every dust bunny on the floor.  It makes me want to clean everything!  My favorite cleaning project today?   Cleaning my oven vent filters.  I didn't realize how dirty they were until pulling them out & getting a closer look.  I'm embarrassed to say that they hadn't been cleaned in 4 1/2 years!

Gross.
What's my natural, super easy remedy?

  • One large pot boiling water
  • Add in 1/2 cup (give or take) of baking soda (S-L-O-W-L-Y - b/c it fizzes quite a bit)
  • Toss in the filters for a few minutes (checking them now & then)
  • You'll soon see a filmy grime on the top layer of your boiling water.  (This oil washes out easily after you're done.) 
  • Pull out & rinse when sparkly clean.  

Bottom half was only dipped-in for 20 seconds & look how clean it's getting! 
TA-DA!  
I'm pretty sure one can get by cleaning the entire house (well!) with a vacuum, diluted white vinegar & baking soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment