Thursday 13 December 2012

A date with Dale.

I've always been in awe of Dale Chihuly's work.  Haven't ever heard of him?  Well, you obviously don't live in Seattle...  Or Washington.  Or the US.  This guy is a world-renowed glass blower.  He has work all over the world.

His museum just opened this year at the base of the Space Needle.  We pawned the kids off on the g-parents & had a wonderful evening out.




The NW room. 
Sea room. 
Up close at the sea sculpture.   
Garden.
Boats.   I told Jason that this boat represents how I want my life to feel.  
...this boat is how it normally feels.   
So beautiful.  

Peek-a-boo Space Needle view. 
Giant outdoor sculpture.  



I'd love to visit again in the day light.  AAAAND when it snows.  Way to go Seattle, this is way better than the tired rides that used to sit on this plot of land.

No comments:

Post a Comment