Wednesday 14 September 2011

Holly.

I've been blessed to have a plethora of amazing people in my life.  Holly is one of them, a real unexpected ray of sunshine.  We roomed together in the Big House (what! what!) senior year.  After college we only exchanged emails about once a year until reuniting on Facebook.  Over this last year we created a deep bond as we both walked through major trails.

As J & I were planning our Colorado trip, Holly & husband (B) insisted we stay with their family in Denver.  This turned out to be SUCH a treat.  With her sweet girls, C & A we shared amazing family time, tackled the Denver Zoo, laughed, loved on each others kids, cried together & prayed for each other in person.  B took a day off work, the girls skipped a day of school.  It was an epic-ly (is that a word?) blessed time.

Thank you H & Company for such a needed retreat.  You blessed my family.  Please know we continue to pray for you often & you will always have a place to stay when you visit the NW.  H & B are walking a hard, hard road but, doing it well - with integrity, love & realness (I know, I know - probably not a word either...)  Their daughters are lucky to have such amazing parents.  (I want to be like them when I grow-up.)

Here are some shots from our day at the zoo:



J was a real trooper & volunteered to take the girls on the train.  
H returned the favor on the carousel. 
I still cannot get over the hippo exhibit at this zoo.  They are TOO SO close!
I just didn't trust the little wall keeping us from this killer animal.     
Buds


T fam with Denver's polar bear.  
My little polar bear on Benadryl.  
After 2 minutes in the car.  
One of my favorite memories was going to check on L the last night in town & finding her & C asleep side by side in the top bunk.  I pray it won't be another 10 years until we see this great family again.


The LORD bless you and keep you; 
the LORD make his face shine on you 
and be gracious to you; 
the LORD turn his face toward you 
and give you peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment